Clinical innovation and scientific progress are at the core of the Center's mission. We participate in multiple government- and industry-funded clinical research studies at any given time and are a major center for the study of treatment outcomes for liver disease treatment and liver transplantation. Our patients have the opportunity to receive treatments available in only a few centers, or in no other centers.
Our research protocols include studies of
- Hepatitis B and C therapy both pre- and post-transplant
- Immunosuppressive therapy for liver transplantation
- Techniques for predicting likelihood of organ rejection
- Advanced organ preservation methods
- Measures of outcomes in liver disease
- Outcomes of recipients of living donor and deceased donor transplants.
The links below contain complete information about all of our current trials, including trial descriptions, inclusion criteria, and who to contact if you are interested in enrolling in or learning more about a study.